Saturday, April 7, 2012

Really bad day to be a quilt...

I had just finished this quilt Thursday night. I washed it late and went to dry it Friday morning. I started it in the washer but it was such a nice day I decided the line would be better. I headed to get on the tractor for a few hours before track meet in the afternoon. Well as always I was running late getting on the tractor and late getting off the tractor which in turn put me behind for the track meet( of which I am a coach and helping put on the meet) I totally forgot about my adorable baby quilt! It did every kind if weather but be nice, snow, rain, LOTS of wind, and cold!!! I finally got home at 9:30 And was ready to crash... So I did. Well at 7am this morning hubby informs me that my quilt was on the ground.... Ahhhh!!! So I ask... "was it ok?" he said yeah maybe a little dirty... Well u can guess what happened next, I went outside to check on it and the first thing I see is HOLE in the quilt!!!! I started crying. So many hours of work, and my first go of 'turn under' appliqué plus we had already decided to whom it was going. It was lucky that it wasn't sold already. You maybe wondering how it got a hole in it, the appliqué ripped off And torn on one edge... I the the culprit wasn't the weather, but a little black dog named Harley. I cannot be sure that Wally didn't help eitheer. But it is all very sad. Hopefully I can mend it enough to give away.

No comments:

Post a Comment