Saturday, July 21, 2012

3 year old...

Well it's official folks. The little boy is 3, (though he protest that he is still 2).We had the BIG party last night. Jackson- mine 3, Nolan- brother in law's little boy 1, Bethany- 2nd brother-in-law's little girl also 1. Somehow I volunteered to host. Not sure why since my yard/garden is in the worst state of anyone's, but I did. I spent the entire past week weeding. I should have taken before and after pictures, it was pretty impressive. Especially since there are now TWO areas in my garden that are aprox. 12ft by 5ft that are completely tilled with nothing in them (thanks in no small part to plants that didn't survive and weeds that had previously taken over). There are actually 3 of these areas, but the one is still covered in weeds. It's on the corner so I didn't really worry about it. It's nice to be able to see my tomatoes and peppers, and the corn. But I worked a lot of hours in the garden, only to realize yesterday that I hadn't touched my house. So in a furry I cleaned bathrooms and vacummed floors and overall power-cleaned what I could between making ice-cream, potatoe salad, 24 cupcakes and one double layer square cake. In the end it was a success. No emergency room visits, no food poisoining, no full on family arguements. It would have been nice if I could have mowed the law one more time...but at least it got mowed. Now that the party is over, it's almost hard to relax. I still feel the pressure to clean and weed more. Heaven knows all those baby weeds are going to take-off now that they have sunlight. But I've tried to relax and open Jackson's toys as he 're-discovers' them today. Enjoying the fact that my little boy is 3, officially 3. In two years I will be shipping him to school, and 10 planning a 'teen-ager' party. I'm not one to cry, but it is going fast. He's napping now, and I really just want to hold him and remember how wonderful it was to do that the first time. I'm not sure what 3's are known for, but I'm sure Jackson will give me a good enough lesson in the year to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment