Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July Run/Walk

It's been a really long week/month. Somehow very little by way of projects have been finished. My excuse: It's summer! Weeding the garden, mowing the grass, planting the last bits of flowers, and planning the 4th of July Fun Run/Walk. The walk was a huge success..well except for running out of race bibs, and the course not being on target...but otherwise we had a GREAT turn-out!! So now I am ready to sew a little and try to relax...'try' of course, there are still weeds to pull and grass to mow. Not to mention Willowcreek running camp next week. I should sew while I can.

Also...I made a BIG stick of butter last week. I was super excited! It was actually somewhat funny. We had 3 gallons of milk to pull cream from. So instead of doing my normal 4 cups I went for 6. Umm...not such a great idea. With-in moments we had whipped cream all over the counter! at 9pm Jason wasn't exactly excited about the idea. I cleaned, moved milk around, let the mixer work while I put Jackson to bed, and wha-la!! Butter ready in 15min. I think it took longer to clean the kitchen. The one thing we have noticed about our butter is how hard it is. That's the difference in the milk fat of our cows. It's great for pie crust and biscuits, however a little difficult to spread on toast. Still tasty though!


No comments:

Post a Comment